Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Week 9 thing 22

I'm on section 12 of the Overdrive tutorial. I wish I had known about this months ago when I was trying to help a customer on the phone. This is a great tutorial.

I'm going to spend some time next looking at titles that are available. Once I get my craft room set up with my computer, this could be a good resource for me. I could download audio books to listen to while I'm working. I like the bookmark feature. Right now I use a small cd player to listen to books on CD. I usually listen to the entire CD at one time thought because it is too difficult to try to find the location where you left off.

I noticed you can download graphic novels. Now, that I think could be interesting to listen to. All those voices - I wonder if each voice is done by a different person or one narrator.

Project Gutenburg seems like a great idea. I'm looking at it right now. I can't figure out how to create an account, but they have tons of titles. I also like that for some there is a link to Wikipedia. Although you can't always rely on the information in Wikipedia, at least it may give you some idea as to what the author writes or is known for.

I just downloaded a copy of Call of the Wild from Project Gutenburg. I downloaded a written copy first. Then I tried the audio version. Somehow it jumped right to chapter two when the computer was reading it. I'm not sure I did it correctly.

I'm back on the desk so I have to sign off.

No comments: