Friday, September 28, 2007

Week 7, thing 16

Because I just finished LATI, wiki's are not a foreign thing to me. It feels nice to say that this is one thing in MD 23 that was not new to me : ) I was introduced to them in LATI since most of our work and communication was done on line.

To me, wikis are almost like blogs that everybody can use and add to instead of just the owner. It's a way to communicate in one place as apposed to email. I'm not sure I see in for libraries just yet. I think it could make a great community bulletin board to post events and happenings. Maybe that could be somehow tied into the library website????

I looked at some of the wikis of other library systems. I want to go back and look at a couple of more to get a better understanding of how they are using them.

No comments: